TITLE: Device Test Engineer
LOCATION: Warren, NJ
(Lab will transition to a new location in Bedminster, NJ at end of year)
Project Details/Job Description:
- Manage all aspects of small to intermediate projects throughout the development lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, resources, quality, costs and change.
- Work closely with stakeholders and to define project parameters, then translate customer needs into formal requirements, using knowledge of the industry and delivery methodology.
- Develop detailed project schedule, resource plan, and status reports, managing task assignment to project resources and reporting on and managing project scope throughout the lifecycle
- Interface with all areas affected by the project, including end user, services organizations, vendors and implementations partners.
- Review project deliverables for accuracy, and apprise management of risks, issues, and recommended mitigations.
- Ensure satisfactory transfer of custody and control of product upon handoff, then close all project documentation and archive appropriate records
- Knowledge of IP networking and Routing
- QXDM Qualcomm testing product
- 4+ years experience in wireless device and/or network testing Knowledge of LTE/IMS RAN and EPC architecture,
- Working knowledge of lab network and vendor (Ericcson + Nokia) infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of 3GPP2 Layer 2 / Layer 3 LTE protocols, IMS SIP protocols
- Experience with device test tools such as PST, DM (Analysis and troubleshooting experience not just logging info)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with a diverse team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- BS in EE or Comp Sci MS in EE or Comp Sci is a plus
- Experience with 5G standards and device testing is a plus
- Wi-Fi experience, MoCA experience, Wi-Fi Testing SON experience
- Ixia Veriwave Wifi tools
- Understanding of test methodology to support Wi-Fi, MoCA, G.hn and SON testing of routers/APs and extenders using various test tools: Ixia Veriwave, Dekra, iPerf, Network packet analyzers, etc.
- Test experience with CPE including in-premise routers, access points, Set Top Boxes, IoT Technology (ZWave, Zigbee, Thread, Weave, 802.11ah, etc)
Interview Process: 30 minute phone interview followed by a 1+ hour on-site in the lab
If interested, please contact Timothy Myers at [Click Here to Email Your Resum ]. Please include your most up-to-date resume.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-###-####